Please Note: The following information is provided from the Departments and Schools. If your program/major is not listed, you can choose any FSP that interests you. If there is a problem following this advice, please contact the respective department chair or department advisor.
- All students in the Honors Program are expected to take at least one honors course during their first semester and it is highly recommended that honors students take an honors FSP. More information can be found here.
School of Arts and Communication:
- Art Majors (including fine arts, art history, and art education): It is recommended that you not select FSPs with 101, 102, 103, or 104 numbers.
- Music Majors: It is highly recommended that you select from FSPs with 111 and 114 numbers. In addition to these, courses with numbers 115, 121, 122, 123, 125, 131, and 151 are recommended.
School of Business:
- All programs: Do not select FSPs meeting on Wednesday mornings. It is recommended that you select FSPs with 101, 102, 103, 104, 111, 114, 131, 132, or 134 numbers. You may also select FSPs numbered 122, 123, or 124.
School of Engineering:
- All engineering programs: You should select from 102, 103, 104, 114, 122, 123, 124, 132, or 134. You may not select from 141 or 151. If you select from 101, 111, 121, or 131, you will need to complete one additional civic responsibility course. If you expect to earn AP credits your FSP choices would be expanded. However, under certain conditions (say having AP credits in both History and Psychology) taking an FSP in a similar category could result in a duplication of credit. Please contact an advisor.
- Technological Studies: You should not select from 141 or 151.
School of Humanities & Social Sciences:
- Open Option: Do not select FSPs meeting on Wednesday mornings.
- English Secondary Education Majors: Please select your FSPs from among the following numbers: 111, 114, 131, 132, 134, 141, or 151.
School of Nursing, Health ,and Exercise Science:
- Nursing Majors: Do not select FSPs numbered 121, 141, or 151, as these FSP sections cover Liberal Learning requirements that are satisfied by other courses in the Nursing major.
School of Science:
- All programs: It is recommended that you do not select FSPs numbered 141 or 151. If you do, you will have one fewer elective tin your program. Depending on your program, you may need to complete one additional course to meet graduation requirements.